[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 7 01:36:42 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

>I'm still not convinced entirely of the problem.

Well, like I said in my first response, sounds like in order to lose
multiple programs to autoexpire rather than one, he'd need quite a
backlog of unwatched programs that it would be tough to get caught up on
anyway.  So it probably isn't likely to be a problem to most people.
But losing 5 or 6 programs when you used to lose none, or at worst 1, is
a significant difference in this guy's case.  So I can see his point of
view.

>I don't recall there being any support in the 0.19 release for digital music channels (this
>was added post-0.19).

Perhaps it depends on the cable system.  Comcast here has music channels
that display pictures and info about the artist that updates five or six
times during the song.  Depending on your tuning method, especially if
you are bringing SVideo into a capture card, I don't see why it wouldn't
capture just like any other source.  Zap2It lists these channels in its
guide data (but I don't know if the listings actually look the same as
regular TV as I don't have those channels selected in my setup).

>... certainly doesn't warrant a rejection of 0.19 in favor of 0.18 as was
>suggested.

I've lost track, and wasn't sure if this poster or another suggested that.

Quite frankly, LiveTV is something I could live without entirely.  But
the WAF would drop, so...

Jeff.