[mythtv-users] mythfontend/Mac OS X/play videos?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 6 17:29:47 UTC 2006

On Mar 6, 2006, at 10:20 AM, charles at lesburg.com wrote:

> All,
>
> One of my MythTV frontends is an iMac (20" LCD; really nice!).  I
> am using a precompiled mythfrontend which I found on the web.
> Watching live TV and previously recorded bits is fine.  However, I
> don't get any sound when I try to play mp4 video files using the
> internal video player.  When I try to use mplayer or VCD as the
> command, nothing happens at all.  I can open the mp4 files using
> QuickTime, or MPlayer, or VCD from the normal window manager.

I've got a 20" G5 as well, very nice display, but I lust after the
Intel boxes:-)  Where did you find the pre-compiled F/E ? I haven't
started looking yet but a pointer would speed things up.

> Is there anyone on the list who uses a Mac (OS X 10.3.9) frontend.
> If so, can you provide recommendations for setting up for video
> watching?

At present I just mount the recordings directory on the Mac via NFS
and use VLC to  play the files, not the best option perhaps but it
works.