[mythtv-users] is this an Ringbuffer issue ???

Dhiraj K dhimyth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 15:10:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

i am using KnoppMythR5A15.1, mythtv 0.18

whenvever i click on "watch tv" and watch an channel, or leave the channel
running on through out the night, i see that the box freezes and i am unable
to do anything. mythtv does not respond to any input.

this generally happens every 3 to 4 hours.

i see the /cache directory is full (100%), and the "ringbuf1.nuv" file is
not deleted. Also my logs keep on increasing which slows down the machine.

mythbackend.log file has the following
"ERROR: file I/O problem in safe_write(), errcnt = 3: No Space left on
device"

syslog has the following
"Mar  4 21:35:45 mythtv:kernel: ivtv0 warning:  ENC Stream 0 OVERFLOW #4537
Stealing a Buffer,  512 currently allocated"

any help on this ...?? solutions... ?

thanks
 -Dhiraj