[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Mar 6 14:32:54 UTC 2006

Danesh wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll need to take a closer look at
> those auto-expire settings.
>
> Is there a way to disable the 'feature' though? I use the same
> partition (/mnt/store) for mythDVD and need to delete LiveTV
> recordings manually. Also with all the LiveTV recordings taking up all
> the space I can't tell how much space I have free for actual
> recordings.

No, this is how LiveTV works now.  You can reserve space for other uses
by setting the threshold in the autoexpire settings higher.  If you set
your auto-expire frequency lower, Myth will recognize faster that space
is needed when you copy other large files to the disk.  I've done this
and never had a problem copying rips to MythVideo and it shares the same
partition with my other content.  And honestly, you don't need to know
how much space is free for recordings with properly configured
auto-expire settings, Myth will handle it.

Kevin