[mythtv-users] No sound on second Hauppauge 150

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 13:55:27 UTC 2006

Hi All,

this is proably a well asked question, but I have had a look at the archives,
and nothing leaps out as a solution...So I apologise first for asking what
may be seem a stupid question.

Anyway, I have bought a second 150 for my system, it is detected correctly by
the startup process, the two entries in dmesg look the same.

I get video from both tuners, they are both used when I record two shows at
the same time.

They both produce sound and video with I test them outside mythtv, ie I do

ivtv-tune -f759.25 -d/dev/video0
and
ivtv-tune -f759.25 -d/dev/video1

Cat the output to files with

cat /dev/video1 > 2.mpg
and
cat /dev/video0 > 1.mpg

Both of the mpg's have sound and video when I play them through mplayer, so I
suspect that the cards are being setup right with the ivtv modules, I'm using
0.4.1 btw, and this is on mythtv 18.1.

I did delete the cards and the channels and setup the system again from
mythfilldatabase --manal to get rid of the settings, but I still have no
sound recording on one of the cards, I'm not sure with card it is, but as
they both word outside of mythtv, it can't be a card fault, can it ?

How do I get sound on both cards.......I assume that two 150's in the same
machine are supported (Silly question).

Do I need to change to a newer version of ivtv ??, I didn't see anything in
the changelogs for this.

Can anyone help please...

Thanks