[mythtv-users] Old News ??

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 6 11:45:55 UTC 2006

While looking at my listings (via MythWeb but it wouldn't matter), I
noticed that this morning's CBS News was listed as a re-run, with an
original airdate of 2000-01-01.

In fact most of the news shows are listed as re-runs, with various
original airdates ranging from 1982 on. This included ABC World News
this Morning and my favorite "Today in Wyoming" (a *very* short
program).

At first I figured it was just a quirk of the way the listings work,
as the same title, description etc. might be analyzed as a rerun (I'm
in N.A. and get my listings from DataDirect).

But the BBC World News was *not* listed as a re-run, and its original
airdate was "0000".

I guess this is a Zap2IT labs issue, but it is interesting if
trivial. It might potentially cause a problem for somebody who wanted
to record the news each day, depending on how they set up the
recordings.

OTOH perhaps Zap2It is smarter than we think, most days the news is
about the same, and the BBC is better than most at keeping current.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org