[mythtv-users] Subject: Re: LiveTV on HD channel?

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sun Mar 5 23:40:36 UTC 2006

 > > The exact error is
 > > >
 > > > VideoOutputXv Error: CreateXvShmImages(): XvShmCreateImage()
failed to
 > > > create image of the requested size.
 > > >
 > > > It's no surprise that it cannot display a 1920x1080 image on a
1024x768
 > > > display. Still there should be a way to scale it. Xine manages to
do it
 > > > on the same hardware.

 > I watch 1080i using 720p output.

Well further testing shows that the 720p HD channels do in fact work on
LiveTV, its just the 1080i ones that fail with

VideoOutputXv Error: CreateXvShmImages(): XvShmCreateImage()

However, even on the 720p my 2.0ghz Penitum M is pegged at 100% with 50%
going to mythfrontend and the 50% to X.

It seems like what I need is to do direct rendering instead of trying to
  use xshm. Did I miss something in the configuration? Is that possible,
and furthermore can I get scaling done in hardware, its an Intel 915
graphics chip and the media players seem to be able to take advantage of it.