[mythtv-users] Automatic Transcode not working - What did I miss?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Mar 5 22:54:46 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I think I am having problems with getting 0.19 to trancode my recordings
automatically. I record in mpeg2 and want to transcode several of the shows
to save space. My wife watches them on a small tv and cannot see the
difference. Here is what I have done so far. Can you see what I forgot?

In the recording profiles I have the default pvr250 profile set to automatic
transcode.

In the recording scheduler I verified default profile was set and turned on
post processing to "transcode to the auto profile" on a couple of test
recordings.

I configured the automatic transcode profile for mpeg4 and turned on all
high quality options (Not sure if thats a problem)

Manually triggering a transcode from the recordings page works and the
result looks good and is about 1/3 the size of the mpeg2 file. I let a
couple of test recordings run and waited until after the commercial
detection was done but neither one triggered a transcode. A look in the logs
verified that no transcode job ran. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Bill