[mythtv-users] MythDVD questions

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Sun Mar 5 22:48:56 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Just have 2 questions with MythDVD.  Am using MythTV 0.19 stable with
Debian Sarge.

1) I note in DVD Settings that there's an option of what to do when I
insert a DVD - I set it to "Display MythDVD menu" - I've enabled
automounter so I just insert the DVD, and go to the menu and play a DVD
OK.  But MythTV seems unable to be able to figure out when the DVD is
inserted - how do I enable this?

2) And... how do I eject a DVD once I've finished with the DVD in
MythTV?  Yes I know I could switch to a shell and type "eject /dev/hda"
but this is a computer used for the frontend *only* and nothing else -
so I rather expect to be able to eject a DVD via MythTV itself...?

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

Cheers - Piers