[mythtv-users] nvidia (or other) tv-out without deinterlacing?

Nick Bartos spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com
Sun Mar 5 22:16:28 UTC 2006

> I'm using just about the same output setup (GeForce 5700FE via VGA).
>
> If I try and use Bob I get vertical jitter on any OSD, do you see
> this as well ??
>
> Frankly I don't see much improvement from any form of de-interlace
> though, so I don't use it, I was just wondering.

I think the only problem I had with the OSD was when I had xvmc enabled.
If I disable xvmc I have less odd problems like that, but my xorg process
eats up a LOT more cpu when using BOB deinterlacing.

I have to use deinterlacing in my setup, otherwise I get VERY annoying
motion artifacts.  In fact they were so annoying I almost didn't even use
myth at all (until I figured out what the problem was).

However there is still some definate imperfections that appear to be
related to deinterlacing, which is why I would like to get rid of it if
possible.