[mythtv-users] nvidia (or other) tv-out without deinterlacing?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 21:27:03 UTC 2006

--- Nick Bartos <spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com> wrote:

> I read a few scattered notes about being able to do
> tv-output with an
> nvidia card without having to deinterlace, but I
> can't seem to get it to
> work.
>
> I have tried various modelines using 720x480
> resolution (which is what I'm
> capturing at) and 59.94 Hz refresh rate.
>
> Has anyone actually gotten this to work.  It would
> seem to be ideal if
> deinterlacing was unnecessary.
>
> I know the pvr-350 can do a tv-output without
> deinterlacing, but I don't
> want the mpeg2-only restriction on playback.  Has
> anyone been using
> anything else?

The PVR-350, since somewhere in the ivtv 0.3.x-series
driver has not had the MPEG-2 only restriction if you
install the Xdriver.  With that driver installed, you
can use the Xv (Xvideo) extension and get the benefits
of the PVR-350 TV-out for displaying any format.  Of
course, this assumes that you have a CPU capable of
powering this.

I was using this combination prior to getting my HDTV,
which I connect via VGA, so now I'm using my GeForce
5200FX with Bob (software) deinterlacing.

-- Joe