[mythtv-users] xorg 99% cpu with bob deinterlace

gLaNDix glandix at lloydnet.org
Sun Mar 5 19:32:48 UTC 2006

David Asher wrote:
> Are you using opengl vsync?  If so, make sure your nvidia drivers are no
> newer than 7676.
>
> I've seen lots of reports of opengl vsync consuming huge amounts of CPU
> with newer nvidia drivers.
>
> I've got nvidia 5200 and 3gz single P4 w/bob, opengl, and nvidia 7667
> drivers no problem.

aha!  thanks for that info!  i was having issues with choppy playback
and extremely high CPU usage ... CPU usage is now down to 20% and the
simpsons eps are playing back perfectly with the latest version of
nVidia drivers!

-g-

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0609-3, 03/03/2006
Tested on: 3/5/2006 1:32:49 PM