[mythtv-users] transcode support for ConvertX?

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Sun Mar 5 14:41:00 UTC 2006

I tried transcoding a show with my ConvertX-based system yesterday and got
no video.  Having tried to watch a .nuv file directly in mplayer in the
past, I'm not too surprised by this.  I was curious if it's possible at
al, maybe by going to mpeg2 or something?  Of course, I've also noticed
that myth doesn't let you pick mpeg2 for a codec for ConvertX, although
it's my understanding that the hardware supports.

Thoughts, comments, etc.  FWIW I'm really happy with ConvertX over the old
bt878 no-name card I had before.  The picture is better, the load on my
backend is really low, etc etc.

Thanks,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org