[mythtv-users] announce: script for locating QAM channels

Peter Watkins peterw at tux.org
Sun Mar 5 04:47:05 UTC 2006

All,

I've been transitioning from an all-Hauppauge PVR-x50 0.18.1 system to a
0.19 system with an HD3000 card that I hoped to use for QAM HDTV.

The wiki page about adding QAM channels at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_QAM_Channels_For_HDTV_Tuner_Cards
has been very helpful, but the azap/mplayer steps seemed like a bunch of
work. To make things easier, I've cobbled together a script to drive all
the tasks involved in finding channels, testing them, and creating a new
channels.conf file.

I've personally bailed on QAM for my setup b/c my QAM reception is poor
(though OTA/ATSC is pretty good). But I thought I'd put the script out
for others' use. Comments are welcome.

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#qamscan

-Peter