[mythtv-users] Mythshutdown program

Oscar Curero oscar-listas at naiandei.net
Sat Mar 4 17:19:12 UTC 2006

A Dissabte, 4 de Març de 2006 17:07, Paul Harrison va escriure:

> >Hi,
> >
> >Before upgrading my mythtv install to 0.19 I would like to know if it's
> >possible to know when the backend is recording or watching a record. I've
> >done some tests and it seems that is impossible.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >--
> >Oscar Curero - Linux user: 306877
>
> Not using mythshutdown you can't. It doesn't need to know that
> because it works in conjunction with the built in shutdown code
> of the backend so if you set it up like it says in the docs it will only
> shutdown when it is idle - not recording and doesn't have any frontends
> connected etc.

The problem with the built in shutdown method is that in some cases
mythfilldatabase won't fetch the EPG because nobody woke up the machine. I
set up mythfilldatabase to fetch new data between 23:00 and 8:00 every three
days. I tried to open a new ticket but it was closed because it didn't have
the associated patch ( #1398).

Thanks!
--
Oscar Curero - Linux user: 306877