[mythtv-users] Left over .png files

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 16:51:12 UTC 2006

On 3/4/06, James Orr <james at orrwhat.net> wrote:
> I'm guessing the most obvious solution is to move the thumbnail
> generation so that it happens BEFORE commercial flagging and not AFTER.
> This also seems to make more sense to me, as sometimes it can take
> several hours to flag a program if there have been a lot of other
> programs recorded at or around the same time.

There is a good reason why Thumbnail generation happens where it does.
After the program has been commercial flagged a Thumbnail is generated
from the portions of the program that do not have commercials (To
ensure the thumbnail is of the program itself, and not a commercial
therein).

As Thumbnail generation is not that intensive a process, however,
could we have it so that as soon as a recording is completed, a
thumbnail is generated, then that thumbnail is UPDATED after
commercial flagging.

Perhaps, to actually solve the problem, we could try and delete what
the thumbnail would be, wether we think one has been generated or not,
and silently fail if there's no file there to delete.

Just a thought.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston