[mythtv-users] Newbie: blank screen

awrobinson at nc.rr.com awrobinson at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 4 13:11:13 UTC 2006

I'm working on my first mythtv system. I'm building it on FC4 using
Jarod Wilson's Fedora Mythology guide. Everything seems to be working
fine until I click on "Watch TV" in mythfrontend. When I do, the screen
goes blank and the system does not respond to any keyboard or mouse
input. (I have verified that I have TV input with ivtvctl and mplayer.)
I can ssh in from another system. Killing processes like mythfrontend or
the X session does not return responsiveness to the keyboard and
monitor. The only thing that seems to work is rebooting the system. Can
some kind soul offers suggestions on what may be wrong, what might the
fix be, or at least how to diagnose the problem?