[mythtv-users] external channel changing changed

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Fri Mar 3 22:34:54 UTC 2006

The argument that mythtv passes to the external channel change command
has changed in 0.19 to a large weird integer rather than a simple
channel number.  A very quick search failed to find any previous
reports of this, but I may not have looked hard enough.

I updated to 0.19 and for various reasons has to redo "setup".
I entered the "external channel change program".  Now when I
change channel while watching live TV, mythtv echos the desired
channel number, and then invokes the external channel change
program - but using a completely different number.

The mapping from entered channel number to the one passed to the
channel changing scripts is roughly but not quite linear.  For example:

Since the mapping appears consistent, I could kludge the change channel
script to perform the reverse mapping, but it would be better to fix the
actual problem!

[This is on Fedora Core 4, using the RPMs for 0.19, with a DISH satellite
receiver hooked up to a PVR-350 controlled by an irblaster.]
--
	--Per Bothner