[mythtv-users] MythTV Version Recommendation

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Fri Mar 3 19:43:41 UTC 2006

> I know v0.19 is out, but I'm leaning to .18 since it's been around a bit (
> I need to keep my machine fairly stable and don't use too much bleeding-edge
> packages ).  This is one reason I haven't moved to SUSE 10 yet.  So, are
> there any major reasons why I should consider 0.19 at this point or would
> 0.18 be a good choice now and maybe look at 0.19 if the project expands?

I have been on 0.18.1 until a couple of days ago where I upgraded to 0.19.
With 0.18.1 I had two problems:
- MPEG4 to MPEG4 transcoding for cutting out commercials did not work. It
works in 0.19
- Folders in MythGallery did not have thumbnails due to an error. That works
in 0.19
In 0.19 I have problems with MythWeb being slow on one of the two systems
that I have upgraded, but not on the other. I hope to solve that soon.
I really appreciate the new feature in 0.19 to edit the names of the
recordings.
And I do not use live TV, so I am not concerned about the progress made on
that.

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl