[mythtv-users] Left over .png files

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 3 18:28:53 UTC 2006

On 03/03/2006 11:04 AM, James Orr wrote:
> I don't see any reason for it to generate the thumbnails in the first
> place when I don't use them on the watch recordings screen and I don't
> use mythweb,

Because 26KB is negligible compared to the size of the recording, and if
you ever happened to use MythWeb's recorded programs page, waiting 5
minutes for "just in time" bookmark creation is not acceptable.
Therefore, creating them /before/ they're needed makes sense.  If you
want further reason, search the lists for things like "odd pauses when
starting recorded shows," "slow responses by mythfrontend menus" and ...

And, since you're not the first to "mention" this, I created a patch on
ticket #1384 to change the label to match the help text (i.e. say that
the option only affects display, not creation, of thumbnails).

>  but I don't mind them being there as long as they go away
> with the actual recording.

They always have for me.  Are you sure you're never deleting files
outside of mythfrontend/MythWeb?  Are you getting any messages in your
backend log?