[mythtv-users] MythVideo missing???

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 18:25:21 UTC 2006

I have libmythcontrols.so, libmythnews.so, libmythvideo.so and
libmythweather.so. in the '/lib/mythtv/plugins' but I don't have a
'/usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins' directory it wasn't created???

Do you think that could have been caused by a permission issue or lack there
of? I mean shouldn't the user mythtv have rw permission at least on
'/usr/local'?

Since my runtime directory is /usr/local does that mean that Myth and all
the plugins should be in that folder or further down depending on what file
it is, etc.?

- deleting your previous directory containing the compilation of
mythplugins and start again compiling mythplugins from a new tar gz.

So, basically blow away the Mythplugins directory and redownload. It's SVN
so that's not really a problem. What will prevent it from throwing the
plugins back into '/lib/mythtv/plugins'? Does it get the
'/usr/local/mythtv/plugins' directory from Myth?

I may opt for the easy way out but would like to know why it put the plugins
in the wrong folder.

Do you know what i2c is? I'm not opposed to changing the permissions on the
/dev just  curious what it is...

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

AJM,