[mythtv-users] Normalizing audio?

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 14:56:53 UTC 2006

On 3/3/06, Sasha Z <kleptophobiac at gmail.com> wrote:
> My two tuners have differing audio levels. Each channel has its own
> audio level. The whole thing is a pain because I'm constantly
> twiddling the volume control across huge ranges and blasting myself
> every now and then.
>
> Would it be possible to have myth autocalibrate itself by listening to
> each channel for a few minutes during non recording time, and then
> figuring out an offset to send to the card during recording so that
> all recordings have at least somewhat similar volumes...? My
> television does this auto audio gain control very nicely, and it's
> very cool. PBS doesn't blast the crap out of me, and FOX isn't so
> quiet that I have to go to 100% volume.

That would be so cool. As well as the differences between tuners and
channels there's also a difference between most of the channels and
music. And as I'm using S/PDIF the volume is manged by the remote for
the hifi rather than for myth, which is nearly always where I am not.

I fear it is only a matter of time before my neighbours put the noise
police on speed dial...

Chris