[mythtv-users] Troubleshooting an IR Blaster

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 04:11:12 UTC 2006

> Everything has gone relatively smoothly up till now, but I'm stuck at
> one of the last steps. When I do
>
> Code:
> /usr/local/lirc-ledxmit/bin/ledxmit-irsend SEND_ONCE JVC_RAW 2
> [...]
> Which looks OK, but the LED, viewed through a digital camera, doesn't flash.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot a problem like this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

Hey, did you ever find a solution to this?

I'm using the same IR blaster (http://www.irblaster.info/) and the
HOWTO for remoted from  http://iwamble.net/IRBlaster_Howto.txt

Everything (dmesg, /var/log/remoted, lsmod, etc) indicates that the
module is loaded and working, and the change_channel script executes
successfully. But no IR signals are coming out of the blaster (I can
detect them from other remotes with a digital camera).

I appreciate any suggestions because this is really starting to annoy me.