[mythtv-users] mysql check/optimize script

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 20:12:29 UTC 2006

> attached is another option for optimizing/checking mysql from cron ...
> it's written in php and can do error reporting via e-mail ... works
> great for me and i tried to make it pretty customizable ... if you have
> databases on your backend other than mythconverg (or the main mysql and
> default test), it will check them as well as long as the user you set in
> the file has access ...

This sounds great! I have configured the prog as per the README but
when I run it I get the errors below. I have set report success like
this, by the way:
           define('REPORT_SUCCESS', true);

[elm|/etc/cron.weekly/mysql_optimizer-1.0]# ./optimizedb.php
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  errors in
/etc/cron.weekly/mysql_optimizer-1.0/optimizedb.php on line 302
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  errors in
/etc/cron.weekly/mysql_optimizer-1.0/optimizedb.php on line 330

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong here?

Regards,
Phill