[mythtv-users] Incorrect recording length

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Thu Mar 2 17:32:15 UTC 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 10:15 AM, Nick wrote:

> On 02/03/06, Michael Krietemeyer <michael.krietemeyer at web.de> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When i watch a recording the displayed length in the osd is longer
>> than the
>> displayed length when using mplayer or ffmpeg.
>> Example:
>>  - MythTV: 1:07:47
>>  - mplayer: 1:04:56
>>

>> When I leave watching a recorded program I bookmark the position.
>> But when I
>> want to start watching the recording at the bookmark I got a
>> position some
>> time before.
>>
>> What can I do?
>
> You could try running mysqlcheck on the recordedmarkup table to see if
> there are any problems with it. I used to get odd OSD lengths and
> jumping behaviour when not using the DVD-Special-2 recording profile
> with my PVR-350 card.
>
> Nick

I've been seeing the same thing for quite a while now. I've mentioned
it a few times on the list to no avail. I've run mysqlcheck and all
is well. The problem for me occurs with HD recordings over firewire.
The relationship between the OSD time and the real time drifts more
and more as the recording progresses. Commercial skip works fine but
the marked commercial points drift from the actual commercials as
time goes on. Occasionally, a really weird thing happens. When a
recording finishes, the total recording time on the OSD doubles. For
example, I can be watching an hour long recording just as it is
finishing and the total time jumps from 1 hour to 2 hours. Of course,
the recording stops after one hour but the OSD shows 2 hours. I've
seen this happen with half hour recordings and even an hour and a
half recording jumped to 3 hours. Strange...

SD recordings work fine, BTW.

Curtis