[mythtv-users] PiP Question

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Mar 2 15:01:40 UTC 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 7:27 AM, Dale E. Martin wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 10:20:29PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
>> Should PiP work when all sources are not MPEG-2??
>>
>> I have a test system using a PVR-150 and two Plextors. PiP produces a
>> window, but with only greenish garbage in it.
>>
>> Each tuner works individually.
>>
>> Should this work ??, I had another system with working PiP but that
>> was with all PVRs.
>
> Make sure you've set/saved your recording profiles for both
> "Default" AND
> "LiveTV" for the Plextors.

The "green screen" being a typical symptom of bad profile setup I
checked that. All 4 profiles for the Plextors are set for 720x480.
Are there other parameters that would affect this besides resolution ??

Assuming Myth uses the next available tuner for PiP, it seems to fail
in the same way whether the "next source" is a Plextor or a PVR.

Pressing "N" to swap the two channels results in no change (ie: good
video on the main screen and garbage in the PiP window).

Pressing "B" to change the focus results in the number keys no longer
changing the main video, but they do not seem to change the PiP
tuner's channel.

It's as if tuning information is not getting to the PiP tuner,and it
is not even showing the "default" channel.

This is a KnoppMyth R5A26 install on an amd64.