[mythtv-users] Missing Files

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Mar 2 11:39:55 UTC 2006

Around about 28/02/06 17:31, Jeff Clemens typed ...
> So a couple of shows that should have recorded this weekend show up as
> recorded in the GUI, but when you try to select them for viewing, myth
> cannot find the file.

   I'm glad I'm not the only one.  (and yes, as another reply mentions, you
should now, in 0.19, be able to delete entries from the frontend that have no
corresponding file).

   What were you recording from?  I was recording from a newly installed DVB
card;  my existing PVR-350 thankfully seems to be still running flawlessly.

   I ran through my backend log and the standard messages log file and saw
absolutely nothing amiss;  the program 'started', got put into the d/b, and
later on 'finished'.  The file just never appeared AFAICS.

   Of course, I can't guarantee that it didn't for some reason get deleted,
but there's no [myth] log to that effect.  A friend here, after I've mentioned
it, has noticed recordings disappearing/not every appearing off the same make
of DVB card now he's looked.

   Anyone who monitors these things noticed any pertinent SVN fixes recently?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature