[mythtv-users] .18.1 and sound partly solved

Claude Gélinas agr. claude at phyto.qc.ca
Thu Mar 2 00:53:02 UTC 2006

Le mercredi 01 mars 2006 à 14:31 -0500, Michael T. Dean a écrit :

> >> Does it work from the keyboard (using F10/F11)?  If so, you need to fix
> >> your ~/mythtv/lircrc and/or /etc/lircd.conf.
> > I get the same result with F10-F11 and the remote. I can see a scroll
> > bar at the bottom screen but no sound exept a repeated beep. playing
> > with the remote will increase or lower it. the only way to get something
> > via the speaker is to plug the sound output of th pvr350 into the input
> > of the sound card.
> >

> That's how it should be configured if you want to use internal volume
> controls.

I upgrade to .19 first
I switch mixer control from 'PCM'  to 'master' in myth to get the volume control with my remote.
I also had to mute the PCM mixer in alsamixer to avoid sound interference.

now I have a good sound comming out from my pvr350 into my 'line in'
entry and going to my speaker via the 'line out'

> I'm not sure which configuration you mean here--with PVR-350 output
> plugged into the sound card or not...

Now I need to be able to disconnect the line in and get the sound via
the PCM mixer first to my 'line out' and later to s/pdif when I'll move
the box closer to my wife (need to increase the WAF a little bit
before :0)

for that I think I'll need to tweak my .asoundrc but don't know how
-----
Claude Gélinas agr., dta
Phyto Ressources inc.