[mythtv-users] Installation of the backend without X

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 16:49:45 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Kai Kuehne wrote:
>

>> I didn't say *anything* about the disk space.
>>

> Just anticipating for the list archive.  Invariably, many people who, in
> the past, have disliked having X on their backend for whatever reason
> ultimately complain about the space these "unnecessary" libraries take up.
>
> Kevin

I would have thought people would complain about unnecessary overhead
that X takes to actually run.  If that's a worry, well, X takes
basically almost no overhead.  And you can easily run mythbackend
without X running as others have said anyway.  Just go ahead and install
X and just don't start it, problem solved.  Some distributions even give
you the option during install to say, don't automatically startx.
Raphael