[mythtv-users] movie streaming

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 08:32:09 UTC 2006

On 01/03/06, sn00p99 at aol.com <sn00p99 at aol.com> wrote:
> how do i get the movies to stream from mythweb. first i had firefox
> which was trying to open the files using quicktime. but doesnt actually
> start playing till it downloads the whole thing. then i tried in IE,
> which tried to download the whole thing before it started.
> what i want it to do is buffer a little bit, then start playing. how
> can i configure it to do this.
> thank you.
> jp

Since you tried using IE I assume you're browsing from a windows machine, so:

You could try the dsmyth filters with the "video lan client" player,
which works well for me - even over a wireless link.  That is apart
from the few recordings that have no audio when streamed, which I need
to investigate further.

The following link describes how to set it up.

http://svn.wilsonet.com/projects/mythtvology/ticket/88

Hope this helps.