[mythtv-users] Can I stop the truncation of pre-roll/post-roll

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Wed Mar 1 07:13:12 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

>Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
>

>>Is it possible to stop the truncation of pre-roll/post-roll?
>>

>Global pre/post roll is soft and not meant to cover programming slides
>that networks do.  It is designed to account for slight delays in
>starting up recorders, etc.
>
>The per-program pre/post roll is hard and will cause the scheduler to
>always record it.  Use this if you want to guarantee that you get the
>roll, but be warned, it will bump other programs as conflicts if this
>happens.  In that case, get yourself enough tuners to handle all the
>schedules you have.
>
>Kevin

Can I check some terminology here? Is the 'per-program pre/post roll'
you refer to, the same thing as 'start early / end late settings' that
Rudy was talking about earlier? (copy of what he said below...)

Short answer: you are mis-using. For the behaviour you want, you need to
use the start early / end late settings, which actually change the
scheduler times. The pre- ad post-roll are for a different purpose (like
getting the backend running in time when using a lan wake-up, allowing
for long tuner times, things like that).