[mythtv-users] Freecom Usb DVB sticks.

Matthew Mc Clement mythtv at macker.co.uk
Thu Jun 29 21:19:30 UTC 2006

Gary Dawes wrote:
> to answer my own question, it seems that there are no 2 revisions of the
> freecom usb sticks.
>
> continued googling has brought up this post,
> http://threebit.net/mail-archive/video4linux/msg01503.html

There's also one other gotcha that I ran into with using the newer stick
and scanning channels with dvbscan. You need to give it frequencies
rounded to the nearest Mhz otherwise you might not find any channels.

I also had some issues with scanning using MythTV although I'm not sure
if it was a problem with the machine or MythTV. I eventually just
generated a channels.conf with dvbscan(using an adjusted as above
initial scanning file) and imported that into Myth.

Matt