[mythtv-users] Anyone using a USB wireless adapter on an Xbox?

Jason McMillon jmcmillon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 16:08:10 UTC 2006

I just installed the latest stable version of Ndiswrapper (1.18)  on Xebian
using this excellent guide:
http://xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xebian_ndiswrapper_HOWTO

I did have to create the following symbolic link to get Ndiswrapper to
complie correctly:

# ln -s /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.31-xbox/ /lib/modules/2.4.31-xbox/build

If not, I would get "Can't find kernel build files in
/lib/modules/2.4.31-xbox/build" which i am repeating here in case someone
gets the same error and uses the search function.

MythTV is WATCHABLE, but not perfect using a USB wireless G adapter over USB
1.1.  On average there is a dropped frame maybe every 30 seconds.  I am sure
I can reduce quality of recordings to get it to work perfectly with enough
tweaking.  Now that I have gotten it to work, I have kind of lost
interest... oh well.

I can download a large file at about 590-770 k/s which I don't think is
bad.  Anybody know of a more scientific throughput test?