[mythtv-users] Bob2x with wobbling OSD even at 50 Hz

Jens Axboe mythtv-users at kernel.dk
Thu Jun 29 11:45:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 29 2006, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 08:22:44 +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 28 2006, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > I managed to get a 50 Hz screen on my TFT to get a stable picture with
> > > the bob2x deinterlacer (I use a PAL DVB source). However, it's mostly
> > > the same as before with 60 Hz. The OSD is only stable for a few seconds
> > > maximum, then it starts to flicker again.
> > >
> > > What should I do to get a stable picture with bob2x?
> >
> > I'm in the same boat, 50Hz DVB and bob deint causing flicker on
> > horizontal lines such as logos (at least that's where it's most
> > noticable). On HDTV you don't see it much, on STDV it's quite horrible.
> >
> > So I'd very much like to know what can be done about this as well. Bob
> > deint is the only usable deinterlacer it seems, the others all look
> > horrible in comparison.
>
> That's my impression, too. All other interlacers have either a low
> quality, no smooth video, or both.
>
> As I get a stable picture occasionally for a few seconds, it seems to
> be possible, but something is still wrong. Could it be that even a
> small deviation from the desired refresh rate causes such effects? If
> yes, I could play around a little bit with the modeline in xorg.conf.
> xvidtune tells me that the screen has 50.00 Hz, but maybe it's wrong.

I've tried playing with refresh a little (from 49.9 which of course
fails with bob, to 50.2 in that range), and it doesn't change anything
for me.

Googling found some interesting discussions about line offsets back in
2005 that I'll try and play with when I get back on tuesday. I'll pick
this up again then.

> Btw., I use the i810 driver with XOrg 7.0.

nvidia driver here, with 6.9.0.

--
Jens Axboe