[mythtv-users] Myth can't change channels on my dct2000

Owen Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Thu Jun 29 05:01:12 UTC 2006

I definitely need at least the -p /dev/ttyUSB0 because the default
serial port is being used by something else. This is the error I see
in the mythbackend.log:

Invalid channel: 187250
valid channels are 1 - 999
Usage: /usr/local/bin/channel [options] [channel]
   -p, --port port              serial port (default: /dev/ttyS0)
   -f, --force                  keep going after communication errors
   -o, --ok                     send OK after channel number
   -b, --blind                  send keys blindly and ignore returned
   -n, --nopower                never attempt to turn box on
   -t, --timeout scale          scale all timeouts by this much
(default 1.0)
   -q, --quiet                  suppress printing of channel on exit
   -v, --verbose                be verbose (use twice for extra
   -h, --help                   this help
   -V, --version                show program version and exit

So something is messed up... where is it getting that crazy channel
number? That was in an attempt to switch to channel 9.

owen at nerdnetworks.org (Owen B. Mehegan)
'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.'
   --William Shakespeare