[mythtv-users] MythTV Hardware Recommendations - Stability is the Key

Craig Meyer craig at fdllug.org
Thu Jun 29 03:54:52 UTC 2006

The system must be MicroATX because my case is an aluminum desktop style
MicroATX that only supports and SFX power supply. I have a 250watt SFX
supply for it. Initially it will be working with my a single PCI
Hauppage PVR-250 but I want to reserve the ability to run one or two
HDTV cards in this system further down the road. However, I will be
running a distributed myth network with more than one PC. If necessary
my file server will be able to hold one or more tuner cards.

In short I am looking for recommendations on a board and processor that
matches this:
MicroATX
SFX 250 Watt P/S
Has ATA and SATA interfaces
IS VERY VERY STABLE (probably a via or sis chipset?)

-Craig