[mythtv-users] Digital TV question

Timothy Waters timothy.waters at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 15:47:10 UTC 2006

I'll ask again after tomorrow when the digital cable gets hooked up and I
know what digital cable box I have and what's on it.

Oh, I've got a 1.67Ghz AMD Athlon 2000+ chip in my desktop. If I upgrade my
RAM to say 1GB and put at least a 128MB video card in there, would that make
it a sufficient dedicated MythTV box?

On 6/28/06, Mark J. Small <msmall at eastlink.ca> wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 10:55, Derek Meek wrote:
> > Steven Adeff wrote:
> channels

> > >I've got a DCT2000 box, and while mine doesn't have svideo output
> > >(what the f- is wrong with comcast?), it works great and tunes
> > >perfectly over the serial port. It even has a digital coax output for
> > >sound, which I can't use, but I find interesting given the svideo
> > >situation.
> > >
> > >Why won't Hauppauge just make a PVR card with spdif input?!
> >
> > mine doesn't have a serial port so i have to use IR - DCT2000s have
> > SEVERE problems with IR
>
> I've worked out all of my problems with IR on my 2 DCT2000s.  It really
> helped
> to nice the channel change scripts so that the 0.7 second delay between
> sends
> didn't stretch out to 4 seconds under heavy system load.  I still get a
> few
> bad channel changes, but I'd say its way under 1%
>
> It really helps to tweak your channel changing.  I use to miss a lot of
> recordings due to bad channel changes, especially at certain times of day.
> Almost never now.
>
> Mark

Timothy Waters
timothy.waters at gmail.com
http://www.e-Waters.org
205-587-9001

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove
all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is easier to denature plutonium than to denature the evil spirit of
man." Albert Einstein(1946)