[mythtv-users] I'm going mad obviously...lirc kernel Modules

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 21:50:24 UTC 2006

On 6/27/06, Douglas Wagner <douglasw0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [root at ghost ~]# yum install lirc-kmdl-`uname -r`
> Setting up Install Process
> Setting up repositories
> atrpms

[snip]
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Parsing package install arguments
> No Match for argument: lirc-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
>  Nothing to do
>
> Very simply put, lirc-kmdl does not seem to exist as a package anymore for
> regular, normal kernels.

Try using smart instead.  Last time yum upgraded my kernel, it did not
update the kernel module for lirc, even when I explicitly asked it to.
 Smart on the other hand was able to, so that is what I would
recommend, or rolling back to your earlier kernel.  If smart does not
work, then I dont know what else to say.