[mythtv-users] Updated from SVN now nothing works

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 01:11:05 UTC 2006

On 6/26/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> > I just checked out a new version of myth from the svn to see if it would
> > fix
> > some of my HD problems and now nothing runs I get the following error
> > when
> > trying to run either the frontend or backend:
> >
> >  This app was compiled against libmyth version: 0.19.20060621-1
> >                         but the library is version: 0.19.20060331-1
> >                         You probably want to recompile everything, and
> do
> >                         'make distclean' first.
> >
> > I tried running make distclean then recompiling and I tried removing the
> > svn
> > and the starting all over and always end up with the same message. Does
> > anyone know how to fix this error? Thanks for the help
> >

> Sounds like your original installation had a prefix of /usr and by default
> SVN installs in /usr/local. The fix is probably to delete manually all the
> /usr/lib/libmyth* stuff. The plugins in /usr/share/mythtv/plugins will
> probably want zapping as well.
>
> --
> Robin Gilks

I tried the make uninstall which ran but didn't help, then I tried to delete
my /usr/lib/libmyth* and that also did not help. Then I tried to edit the
makefile by hand and still no luck. I couldn't figure out what I should
edit. I'm stumped can anyone explain how when I uninstall /usr/lib/libmyth*
it is still seeing the old libraries. Could it be somewhere else? I am using
Ubuntu Dapper. Thanks for any help.

Allan