[mythtv-users] OT nvidia geforce4 force PAL without X?

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Tue Jun 27 00:17:06 UTC 2006

Sorry this is not strictly a myth question, but it is definitely
multimedia and I believe someone on this list may be able to help me.
Believe me I wouldn't have asked if I had been able to get an answer
elsewhere.

I am using geexbox, a media player based on running mplayer in a
framebuffer (ie there is no X, the kernel is started with vga=789
video=vesafb:ywrap,mtrr  )

Now my Geforce4 MX 4000 seems to start tv out in NTSC mode. If I boot
windows I am able to set the windows driver to PAL mode, and if I booted
a linux distro running X I am sure i could set the "Option "TVStandard"
appropriately. However when running the kernel framebuffer that is not
available.

nvtv is useful only on older nvidia cards (nvidia changed the tv out
chipsets apparently)

So can anyone tell me how to either permanently change the card's bios
so it starts in PAL mode, or change to PAL mode without X running?

--
Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>