[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-5500 Sound and Contrast on ubuntu

Samuel Leathers disasm at gentux.org
Mon Jun 26 13:30:17 UTC 2006

I just got a PCHDTV-5500 card. Two issues I'm having. The first is the
contrast is too high by default (looks great if I go in TVTime and change
the contrast to 25%). How do I do this with mythtv to default to that?

Next issue is audio. everytime I change the channel in mythtv, it resets
the capture in alsamixer for the card to 49. It needs to be around 100 for
it to be audible. Why is mythtv changing that level in the mixer on
channel changes? Or if it's not mythtv doing it, what would cause that?
Next issue is how do I get it so the sound is only on when I'm watching
TV, or if I record something, it records from my line-in? Currently, after
I go to the channel I want, ssh in to increase the capture volume, I can
hear the audio, but when I stop watching TV, the audio continues to play.
What would cause this?

Thanks for all your help,

Sam

--
Sam Leathers
Sam Leathers Computer Services
sam at samleathers.com
www.samleathers.com
 -Computer repair services
 -Reliable business consulting
 -Web design and hosting that meets your needs
 -Collection of computers no longer needed
 -Student discounted repair rate
 -Server setups and networking