[mythtv-users] MythTV, Fedora 4, PVR-350 Install: Jared Wilson's Process

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 08:04:01 UTC 2006

> The instructions say to: "rebuild your system's initial ram disk to include
> the drivers for the 350's output" and I am supposed to use:
>
> wget https://svn.wilsonet.com/svn/mythtvology/trunk/mkinitrd-ivtv.patch
>
> However, I get an error that it is unable to establish SSL Connection.
>
> Any ideas on this?  Perhpas this link is outdated....
>
> Thanks everyone!!

Maybe the link is outdated, ivtv has moved on a lot since that patch
first appeared.

The good news is that I'm pretty sure you can skip this step for the
moment.  What it does is allow the PVR350 to show system boot up
messages on the SVideo output.

You may or may not want this but my advice would to perservere with
getting myth working, and start to get some positive feedback, before
worrying about niceties like this.