[mythtv-users] Myth and 64 bit OK? Seeing too many issues

Alan Anderson andersonas at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 25 19:21:34 UTC 2006

I replaced my SBE/workstation with a HP m7248 multimedia pc  Athalon 4200 X2
and installed FC5 x86_64.  I only had two issues.

1.  The m7284 came with a Yaun PVR-550 tuner and I installed the Hauppauge
pvr-150 that I had in the old SBE.  Mythfrontend would always crash when
switching between the two tuners.  I did not have a problem with both tuners
when accessed from a remote front end.  This issue was fixed by switching to
the fglrx ati graphics driver from the livna repository.

2.  ivtv 6.2 drivers would time out when I tried to change channels on either
pvr-550 or the pvr-150.  I downgraded to ivtv 6.1 from the sources kit, now
that problem is gone.

I never ran any older versions of Fedora Core on this box FC5 is all I ever
tried.

Now since its a workstation and a SBE I do not drive a TV with the ati
graphics card.  I run mythfrontend in a window.  I also can not speak for how
well Mysqld would or would not work on a FC5 X86_64 install, as a SBE mysqld
is not running.

All in all I am pretty happy with it.
Alan Anderson