[mythtv-users] Stuttering recordings :-(

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Sat Jun 24 21:56:03 UTC 2006

I have noticed something weird

When I watch Live TV, the recordings produced are fine
When a scheduled recording starts while I am watching live tv, the tuner
switches to that channels and starts recording. The recording produced is
fine
When I do not watch Live TV when a recording starts, the recording
stutters and jumps...

The LiveTV (AND the Default too) profile is:
352x576 MPEG-2 PS 2800/4800
(Audio MPEG-2 32k @ 384 kbps)

I am using a PVR250 on a 2.4 GHz Athlon XP-M with 256 MB RAM (and a Nvidia
440 for video)

I also have a High Quality and Low Quality profile, but neither of those
is being used at this time...

Transcoding is OFF, Commercial Flagging on for some channels, off for
others, makes no difference though...

Any suggestions?

--
Francesco Peeters