[mythtv-users] One install part failing on FC5?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 20:36:12 UTC 2006

On 24/06/06, Hedgy <hedgy at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Don't know if this helps, I'm a new user as well. I ran into that
> problem, on one of those many times I re-installed FC5 and MythTV to get
> things working properly. When I got that error for
>
> yum install ivtv-kmdl-$KVER
>
> I instead ran
>
> yum install ivtv
>
> and it checked for dependencies and automatically grabbed the ivtv-KMDL
> module.

This will work if all of the repositories are working (or failover if
I repository is offline/bad happens gracefully). What I've noticed can
happen is that if yum has an issue with one of the Fedora mirrors, the
whole update process fails, instead of using another mirror, or
ignoring the repository with the problem.

You can either tell yum to temporarily disable a repository (or
several), or (as I've mentioned earlier) update the repository
definition in /etc/yum.repos.d so that yum only tries to use a local
working mirror.

If the repository is called "extras" which mine is for FC4, try the
following command:

# yum --disablerepo=extras install ivtv-kmdl-$KVER

This should ignore the extras repo, and then use atrpms to install ivtv.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/