[mythtv-users] Myth is automatically cancelling recordings?

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 16:08:03 UTC 2006

--- "Michael T. Dean" wrote:
> On 06/23/2006 11:02 PM, Ben Dash wrote:
> > --- Marco Nelissen wrote:
> >
> >> Could it be that 0.19 is smarter (or
> >> perhaps
> >> dumber) than 0.18 in that regard, and is not
> >> recording repeats?
> >>
> > I can convince Myth that I really do want to
> record a
> > show simply by selecting "Manage recordings" ->
> "Set
> > priorities", select a show, press ENTER.
> You should use the "Upcoming Recordings" screen--not
> the "Set
> Priorities" screen to find out why it's not
> recording.

That's part of the problem, the "Upcoming recordings"
screen says that Myth isn't recording any of these
previously set up shows.  There are no conflicts.
Wierd.

> > select "Preview schdule changes", press ENTER and
> > tada, now Myth magically remembers that I really
> did
> > want the BBC news recorded once per day.
> >
> > But I'll bet you that Myth will forget again after
> the
> > next couple of weeks.  based on the timespan could
> > this be something to do with TV guide info?
> >

> Well, you're doing channel recordings, so it sounds
> like your channel's
> are changing...  You probably shouldn't be using
> channel, anyway.  See

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/153872#153872

I'm pretty sure that I haven't got a dozen channels
changing.  KERA/PBS is has been on 13 throughout for
example.

Thanks for the ideas but several scheduled shows are
not channel recordings, I have "A" (anytime any
channel) and "d" (daily) and several others.  They all
seem to have the same problem... after a couple of
weeks the recordings stop.

Ben