[mythtv-users] Myth is automatically cancelling recordings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 24 15:58:37 UTC 2006

On 06/23/2006 11:02 PM, Ben Dash wrote:
> --- Marco Nelissen wrote:
>
>> Could it be that 0.19 is smarter (or
>> perhaps
>> dumber) than 0.18 in that regard, and is not
>> recording repeats?
>>
> I can convince Myth that I really do want to record a
> show simply by selecting "Manage recordings" -> "Set
> priorities", select a show, press ENTER.

You should use the "Upcoming Recordings" screen--not the "Set
Priorities" screen to find out why it's not recording.

> select "Preview schdule changes", press ENTER and
> tada, now Myth magically remembers that I really did
> want the BBC news recorded once per day.
>
> But I'll bet you that Myth will forget again after the
> next couple of weeks.  based on the timespan could
> this be something to do with TV guide info?

Well, you're doing channel recordings, so it sounds like your channel's
are changing...  You probably shouldn't be using channel, anyway.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/153872#153872

Mike