[mythtv-users] Myth is automatically cancelling recordings? Yep

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 01:59:21 UTC 2006

--- Gary Jones wrote:
> The C for Conflict means it is conflicting with
> another recording

Ok, I have MythFrontend in front of me now so let me
clarify exactly what I'm talking about...

On "Manage Recordings" -> "Set Priorities" I have a
screen with, for example, don't laugh at my example,
it relaxes me :-) anyway:

------
C  A-Team   +0   +0
------

The C means "Record at any time on this channel", it
doesn't mean "Conflict" in this context.  All the
shows that are now disabled are one that I set up to
record more than a couple of weeks ago, they all show
up in white text, and the new things that I've set to
record recently are in orange, in my particular theme
anyway.

If I press ENTER on that line I get to the menu:

------
<-Record at any time on this channel ->
  Scheduling options                 ->
  Storage options                    ->
  Post recording processing          ->
  Schedule information               ->
  Preview schedule changes
  [Save these settings]
  [Cancel]
------

If I select "Schedule information", press ENTER, then
select "List upcoming episodes", press ENTER, I get a
list of tens of episodes of "A-Team".  If I select one
and press the right arrow key I get the recording
menu:

------
<-Do not record this program        ->
  Scheduling options (grey)         ->
  Storage options (grey)            ->
  Post recording processing (grey)  ->
  Scedule information               ->
  Preview schedule changes
  [Save these settings]
  [Cancel]
------

So it seems that the "A-Team" is not set up to be
recorded now for some reason.  Strange.  Sure emough,
if I check the "Manage Recordings" -> "Upcoming
Recordings" menu I don't see any episodes of "A-Team"
there, no conflicts, no nothing.

This is my problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the input so far!