[mythtv-users] Debian AMD64 Missing UI Elements

Dustin Nicholas Jenkins at88mph at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 24 01:20:45 UTC 2006

Typically I build everything from source, but I've lately taken akin to
doing everything through Debian's package manager.  Everything
installed OK, but I installed the core mythtv package first, then had
to wait a couple of days for the libdvdXXX packages to be fixed before
I could install mythdvd.

After I have installed mythdvd, I can't see the usual DVD setup menu
under the Setup -> Media Settings -> DVD Settings.  I assumed it
would've shown up automatically as part of mythdvd being installed.
The mythweather stuff showed up OK after the fact, why not mythdvd?
Anybody know of some permission-related stuff, or a simple MySQL field
I can modify?  I can change the DVD settings through MySQL manually,
but would like to have it through the UI.

Thanks,
Dustin