[mythtv-users] Myth and 64 bit OK? Seeing too many issues

Teruel de Campo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Sat Jun 24 00:34:59 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 18:16 -0600, Mark wrote:

> This time, I have an athlon 64 ( FC5 X64 version ) and a PVR 500.

I have been running MythTV in a wintv-pvr-350 since SuSE 9.2 all in 64.
I have now amd fx-55 and SuSE 10.1.

With this new kernel the installation of ivtv changes a little bit. ivtv
0.6.3 has been the key in the installation. I could not compile 0.6.2.
SuSE 10.1 (box) is a pretty solid distro. I do not have experience with
others :-(
My suggestion would be to first test the ivtv module with mplayer. If OK
then the problem is with myth. I first load the ptune-ui and then
mplayer and I have a TV application. If you have problem with these
steps please e-mail me.

-=terry(Denver)=-